GlobalDatas report, Stomach Cancer Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017, is an essential source of information and analysis on the global stomach cancer market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global stomach cancer market. The report also provides insights into the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to alter the market position of the current market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights into the pipeline products in the global stomach cancer segment.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalDatas team of industry experts.
GlobalDatas analysis suggests that the global gastric cancer market was worth $750m in 2009. It is forecast to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 8.3% to $1,422m in 2017. Most of the chemotherapies are already off-patent while Taxotere and Xeloda are expected to lose their patents during 2010 to 2011. Taxoteres generic version, produced by Hospira, has already been approved in Europe through the decentralized procedure. The market is expected to be driven by the increase in demand due to the launch of promising targeted therapies currently in the late stage of development. The pending approval of Herceptin in the US and Japan will also boost the revenues generated in the stomach cancer market. However, the new therapies are not expected go off-patent before 2017. Therefore, the market is expected to witness strong growth in market revenues in the forecast period.
The scope of the report includes:
- Annualized global stomach cancer market revenues data from 2001 to 2009, forecast for eight years to 2017.
- Geographies covered in this report include the United States (US), the United Kingdom (UK), Italy, Spain, Germany, France and Japan.
- Pipeline analysis data split across different phases by mechanism of action and emerging trends. The key classes of mechanism of action are mTOR inhibitors, PARP inhibitors, microtubule inhibitors, VEGFR inhibitors, multiple tyrosine kinase inhibitors, Heat Shock Protein 90 inhibitors, Eg5 inhibitors, Farnesyl-OH-transferase inhibitors, angiogenesis inhibitors and combinations of several existing chemotherapies.
- Analysis of the current and future competition in the global stomach cancer market. The key market players covered include GlaxoSmithKline, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Merck & Co, Eli Lilly and Company, Amgen, Hoffmann-La Roche and Pfizer Inc.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include a strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for the future stomach cancer market
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of the pipeline products and technologies and by identifying the companies with the most promising product candidates in the pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global stomach cancer market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global stomach cancer market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolio and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the maximum opportunities for consolidation, investments and strategic partnerships.
- Whats the next big thing in the global stomach cancer market landscape? Identify, understand and capitalize.