GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, Colorectal Cancer Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2020. The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global Colorectal Cancer therapeutics market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global Colorectal Cancer therapeutics market. The report also provides insights into the competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the positions of the existing market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights into the pipeline products within the global Colorectal Cancer sector.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalDatas team of industry experts.
GlobalData analysis found that, in 2009, the global colorectal cancer therapeutics market was worth $7.0 billion. Between 2001 and 2009, the market grew at a rate of 27.6%. By 2020, the market is expected to be worth $8.8 billion, indicating a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 2.1% between 2009 and 2020. In 2009, the US was the leading market in the global colorectal cancer therapeutics market with an estimated market share of 54.8%. Japan was the second leading market with an approximate market share of 13.4%, closely followed by France with an approximate market share of 9.6%.
In 2009, bevacizumab was the leading drug with approximate sales worth $2.5 billion and a market share of 35.1%. Oxaliplatin was the second leading drug with approximate sales of $1.3 billion and a market share of 18.6%. Cetuximab, the EGFR inhibitor, was the third leading drug with an approximate sales value of $887m and a market share of 12.7%.
The scope of the report includes:
- Annualized global Colorectal Cancer therapeutics market revenue data from 2001 to 2009, forecast for 11 years to 2020.
- Geographies covered in this report include the United States (US), the United Kingdom (UK), Italy, Spain, Germany, France Japan and BRIC countries that include Brazil, Russia, India and China.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends. The key classes of mechanism of action include EGFR inhibitors, VEGF inhibitors, monoclonal antibodies, angiogenesis inhibitors, immunotherapies, antimetabolites, fluoropyrimidine modulators, tyrosine kinase inhibitors, folate analogs, topoisomerase 1 inhibitors, insulin-like growth factor receptor (IGFR) inhibitors, pathway inhibitors, TRAIL receptor 1 antibodies and apoptosis inducers.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global Colorectal Cancer therapeutics market. The key future market players covered are Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Eli Lilly, Sanofi-Aventis, Debiopharm Group, Merck KGaA, Regeneron, Vaccinogen, Inc., Oxford BioMedica, Auron Healthcare GmbH, AEterna Zentaris, Keryx, Abbott Laboratories, Pfizer Inc and Light Sciences Oncology, Inc.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include a strategic competitor assessment, a market characterization, the unmet needs and the implications for the Colorectal Cancer market
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipelines.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Colorectal Cancer therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to affect the global Colorectal Cancer therapeutics market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify the emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the best opportunities for consolidation, investments and strategic partnerships.
- Whats the next big thing in the global Colorectal Cancer therapeutics market landscape? Identify, understand and capitalize