GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released a new report, Rheumatoid Arthritis - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017. The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global rheumatoid arthritis (RA) market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global RA market. The report also provides insight into the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players likely to affect the market positioning of the existing market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insight into the pipeline products within the global RA sector.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalDatas team of industry experts.
GlobalData estimated the global RA market to be valued at $9 billion in 2009. It is forecast to grow by 6% annually for the next eight years to reach $14.3 billion by 2017. This growth is primarily attributed to high incidence and prevalence rate, high prescription rate of drugs and a strong pipeline portfolio. GlobalData analysis indicates that the global RA market is moderately served with current product options with significant scope for new entrants to capture value from underserved segments. Designing curable products with high safety profile is one of the key challenges of this market. Such a product is likely to result in significant market share for any company.
GlobalData analysis shows that the global RA market is becoming increasingly competitive. Balancing the pipeline with products currently marketed and the expectations of patients and physicians makes the pipeline strong. The unmet need in RA market is high and if a company has to capture this unmet need, it will have to overcome the prevailing product weaknesses and adverse effects.Scope
The scope of the report includes:
Reasons to buy
- Annualized global rheumatoid arthritis market revenue data from 2001 to 2009, forecast forward for eight years to 2017.
- Geographies covered in this report include the US, the UK, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, and Japan.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across different phases, mechanism of action being developed and emerging trends. Key classes of mechanism of action includes Interleukin inhibitors, Kinase inhibitors, cytokine targetters, TNF targetters, C5a receptor antagonists, Cathepsin inhibitors, Histone deacetylase inhibitors (HDAC) inhibitors, Janus Kinase 3(JAK-3) inhibitors, CD4 inhibitors, p38 kinase inhibitors, Dihydrofolate Reductase inhibitors, cyclooxygenase (COX) inhibitors, Chemokine receptor antagonists, Glucocorticoid antagonists, Dihydroorotate dehydrogenase(DHODH) inhibitors, and combination therapies.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global rheumatoid arthritis market. Key market players covered are Pfizer Inc., Roche, Biogen Idec, Amgen Inc.,Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma, Almirall, AnaMar Medical, Array BioPharma, AstraZeneca, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Eli Lilly, KaloBios Pharma and GlaxoSmithKline
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and implications for future market associated with rheumatoid arthritis.
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global rheumatoid arthritis market.
- Drive revenues by understanding key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global rheumatoid arthritis market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolio and create effective counter-strategies to gain competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- Whats the next big thing in the global rheumatoid arthritis market landscape? Identify, understand and capitalize.