The Plains Exploration & Production Company is an independent energy company engaged in the acquisition, development, exploitation, exploration, and production of crude oil and natural gas assets in the US. The companys principal operations are in Los Angeles and the San Joaquin basins onshore California, Santa Maria basin offshore California, the GoM, and Gulf Coast region. The major assets of the company include the Haynesville Shale of South and East Texas, the Mid-Continent region in Texas and Oklahoma, and the Wind River Basin in the Rocky Mountains. In addition, the company also holds interests in an exploration prospect in offshore Vietnam. As of December 31, 2009, the company had estimated proved reserves of 359.5 million barrels of oil equivalent (MMboe), of which 60% was crude oil, and 64% was proved and developed. The company was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Texas in the US.
- Investment Thesis: This section highlights the companies new ventures, liquidity issues, assets analysis, hedging, new projects details, capex funding, geographical results of oil and gas operations, and other related analysis.
- Goals and Strategies: Provide highlights on their existing and upcoming challenges with the possible strategies.
- SWOT: This section highlights the companies internal strength, weakness, opportunities and threats to better understand their position in the market
- Production and Development profile: This section highlights the companies forecasted crude oil and natural gas production from their existing and upcoming assets. It also covers the detailed information and analysis on the producing and development assets.
- Exploration and M&A trends: This section includes exploration assets information resulted due to new discoveries, new drilling and other activities. Additionally, M&A section highlights the companies recent assets transactions, joint ventures, acquisition, and divestment activities during the specified period.
- Financial Forecast and Valuation: This section highlights the detailed financial forecast of the companies for coming five years. This section also provides intrinsic value of the companies by using different valuation techniques.
- Peer Group: This section compares peer group performance with the main companies on the basis of share prices, financial ratios, operational and financial parameters and other related activities.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance the decision-making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner. It will allow you to:
- Provide detailed analysis to those who are interested in knowing the companies existing and future business strategies.
- Provide in-depth analysis on the companies E&P profiles along with the exploration and M&A updates.
- Provide valuable insights to those who are tracking oil and gas markets and wants to know the intrinsic value of the companies.
- Use the analysis for strategy and planning, M&A identifications, and competitor analysis.