“Cigarettes in Iran” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the changing smoking habits, competitive environment, economic developments and analyzes the implications that market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Anti-smoking restrictions are likely to have only a limited impact on cigarette sales with demand stimulated by growing multinational involvement, the increased availability of foreign brands as well as a shift away from the water pipe where restrictions on its use are set to tighten. Market volumes (duty paid) are forecast to grow by 7.6% between 2013 and 2023. Legitimate per capita consumption is set to be down 3.5% over the same period.
- Volumes are reported to have recovered in 2008, a 29.0% increase over the previous year's low, with a further 19.9% following in 2009. Output fell back by 16.9% in 2010. However, it increased 19.1% in 2011 before falling again by 37.9% in 2012. A 14.9% increase in 2013 led to output which is 54.3% up on 1990 levels.
- Current forecasts put growth at 2.2% in 2015 and nearer 2.5% in 2016 with growth likely to strengthen once sanctions are lifted. Inflation, which was 30.0% in early 2013, is expected to slow a little but is projected to still average 20.0% in 2015, keeping consumers under pressure.
This qualitative report provides extensive and highly detailed overall and per capita consumption data on the Iranian market.
It also includes:
- Consumption data, trends and market dynamics based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers operating in the market.
- Market size, regulations, retail pricing, smoking population, production, trade and forecast data for 2015 to 2019.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities in the market, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change – favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.