“Cigarettes in South Africa” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the changing smoking habits, competitive environment and economic developments as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Recent reports suggest that nearly 1 in 3 cigarettes smoked in South Africa are contraband making South Africa one of the world's largest contraband markets in 2014 forecast.
- The profile of locally produced illicit tobacco has risen in recent years. In 2014 the Tobacco Institute estimated that more than 55.0% of contraband originated from Zimbabwe, a further 30.0% is locally produced while the remaining 15.0% is from other neighboring countries and the Middle East
- Per capita consumption is likely to drop by 6.8% over the period between 2013 and 2023, although if further progress can be made in resolving the issue of contraband, this decline could be less, with consumption levels showing little change on current levels.
This qualitative report provides extensive and highly detailed overall and per capita consumption data on the South African market
It also includes:
- Consumption data, trends and market dynamics based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers operating in the market.
- Market size, regulations, retail pricing, smoking population, production, trade and forecast data for 2015 to 2019.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities in the market, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change – favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.