“Cigarettes in South Korea” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the changing smoking habits, competitive environment and economic developments as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- The market is dominated by domestic brands which hold over 62% of the market, while international brands hold nearly 38% of volume.
- Output increased to a record level in 2008 but has since declined, falling by a further 8.1% in 2013 mainly due to a sharp drop in exports. However, there was an 11% upturn in production in 2014, mainly due to stronger export demand.
- There was an upturn in market volume in 2014, with sales volume up by 1.2%, putting the market just 6.5% below 1990 levels but 14.7% down on the volume in 2000.
This qualitative report provides extensive and highly detailed overall and per capita consumption data on the South Korean market.
It also includes:
- Consumption data, trends and market dynamics based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers operating in the market.
- Market size, regulations, retail pricing, smoking population, production, trade and forecast data for 2015 to 2019.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities in the market, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change – favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future