“Cigarettes in New Zealand” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the changing smoking habits, competitive environment and economic developments as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- A further increase in the excise rate in 2010 did not result in as significant decline in consumption as might be expected, possibly due to some switching away from smoking tobacco, as the excise increase was greater for RYO than for cigarettes.
- Data for 2011 continues this gloomier picture for cigarette sales with a further excise hike raising prices and pushing more smokers towards RYO or reducing their level of consumption.
- In an increasingly tight regulatory environment, cigarette sales are forecast to continue to decline steadily by 2023. Per capita consumption is set to fall even more sharply, by 26.6% in 2023.
This qualitative report provides extensive and highly detailed overall and per capita consumption data on the New Zealand market
It also includes:
- Consumption data, trends and market dynamics based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers operating in the market.
- Market size, regulations, retail pricing, smoking population, production, trade and forecast data for 2015 to 2019.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities in the market, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change – favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.