GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research, Opioids Market to 2017 - Steady Uptake of Oxycontin and High Incidence Of Diseases Such As Cancer And Arthritis to Drive the Market, which provides insights into global opioids market and market forecast until 2017. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the top seven therapeutic indications for which often opioids are prescribed which includes fibromyalgia, neuropathic pain, cancer pain, osteoarthritis pain, rheumatoid arthritis pain, low back pain and post operative pain. The report also examines the global opioids treatment usage patterns for the covered indication. In addition, the report also includes insights into the opioids R&D pipeline.
Report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Researchs team of industry experts.
GBI Research analysis shows that the overall global opioids market for the seven indications fibromyalgia, neuropathic pain, cancer pain, osteoarthritis pain, rheumatoid arthritis pain, low back pain and post operative pain was valued at $11.2 billion in 2010. The market is expected to witness a CAGR of 2.8% for the forecast period. Patent expiries of leading opioids followed by generic erosions along with adverse effects associated with use of opioids are the main reasons for marginal growth in opioids market. However expected launch of new opioids is expected to push the market in future.
The US was the largest region for the opioids market in terms of revenue, accounting for 49% followed by top five countries in Europe and Japan which contributed 36% and 15% respectively.
The top pharmaceutical companies in opioids market are Johnson & Johnson, Cephalon and several mid size players such as Purdue Pharma, King Pharmaceuticals, Orexo and Endo Pharmaceuticals. Large amount of fragmentation in the market provides significant scope for consolidation through mergers and acquisitions.
The scope of this report includes -
- Data and analysis on the global opioids market.
- Annualized market data for the opioids market from 2002 to 2010, with forecasts to 2017.
- Market data on the therapeutic landscape which covers fibromyalgia, neuropathic pain, cancer pain, osteoarthritis pain, rheumatoid arthritis pain, low back pain and post operative pain therapeutics including market size, market share, annual cost of therapy, sales volume and treatment usage patterns such as disease population and treated population.
- Key drivers and restraints that have had a significant impact on the market and on each indication.
- The competitive landscape of the global opioids market which includes companies such as Johnson & Johnson, Cephalon, Purdue Pharma, King Pharmaceuticals, Orexo and Endo Pharmaceuticals.
- Key M&A activities and Licensing Agreements that took place from 2005 to 2010 in the global opioids market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to -
- Align your product portfolio to the markets with high growth potential.
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies by identifying the potential region and therapeutic segments poised for strong growth.
- Device a more tailored country strategy through the understanding of key drivers and barriers of the regions opioids market.
- Develop key strategic initiatives by understanding the key focus areas and top selling opioids molecules of leading companies.
- Accelerate and strengthen your market position by identifying key companies for mergers, acquisitions and strategic partnerships.