GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research, Critical Healthcare Market to 2017 - Shift of Focus towards PCC, Factor Concentrates and Antithrombins due to Better Safety and Efficacy Profiles. The report provides in-depth analysis of drivers and barriers that impact the global critical health market. The report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research, and in-house analysis by GBI Researchs team of industry experts. The report analyzes the markets for factor XIII concentrates, fibrinogen concentrates, albumins, antithrombins and prothrombin complex concentrates in the US, the top five countries in Europe (the UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain), and Japan.
This includes treatment usage patterns, average annual cost of therapy and market size forecast until 2017 for the key geographies as well as the leading therapeutic segments. The report also provides information on the R&D product pipeline and explores the competitive landscape, including major players in the critical healthcare market. Finally, the report includes analysis on mergers and acquisitions (M&As) in the critical healthcare market.
GBI Research indicates that the global critical healthcare market is still an untapped market, with small numbers of players contributing to a major proportion of the overall critical health market. The market grew at very sluggish growth rate in the historic period, possible due to the unavailability of many of the products in certain markets, especially in the US. GBI Research estimates that the overall critical healthcare market in 2010 was worth $1,130.7m, representing a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 5% between 2002 and 2010. The global critical healthcare market is expected to grow at a moderate rate of 2.8% between 2010 and 2017, and is expected to reach $1,372.4m in 2017.
The increased availability and usage of PCC, albumin products and factor concentrates for the management of various bleeding complications, and high risk surgical settings such as trauma, PPH, cardiac surgery and liver diseases, will drive the market in future. Approvals and launches of new products such as Riastap, Corifact and Atryn, and the anticipated launch of recombinant products, will boost growth of the critical healthcare market in the forecast period.
The report covers -
- Data and analysis on the critical healthcare market in the leading geographies of the world the US, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and Japan.
- Annualized market data for the critical healthcare market that includes markets for factor XIII concentrate, fibrinogen concentrate, antithrombin, prothrombin complex concentrate and albumin from 2002 to 2010, with forecasts to 2017.
- Market data on the geographical landscape and therapeutic landscape, including market size, market share, cost of therapy, sales volume and treatment usage patterns such as disease population, diagnosis population and prescription population.
- Key drivers and restraints that have had a significant impact on the market.
- The competitive landscape of the global critical healthcare market, including top companies benchmarking. The key companies studied in this report are CSL, Octapharma, Baxter, Grifols and LFB.
- Key M&A activities that took place in 2010 and 2011 in the critical healthcare market.
Reasons to buy
The report will assist business development and marketing executives to strategize their product launches, by allowing them to -
- Align your product portfolio to the markets with high growth potential.
- Build effective strategies to launch their pipeline products by identifying potential geographies.
- Exploit in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities by identifying products that might fill their portfolio gaps.
- Develop key strategic initiatives by studying the key strategies of top competitors.
- Devise a more tailored country strategy through the understanding of key drivers and barriers and market potential of each indication.
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies by identifying the geographic markets poised for strong growth.
- Reinforce R&D pipelines by identifying new target mechanisms which can produce first-in-class molecules which are safer and more efficacious.