GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, “Melanoma Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017”. The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global melanoma market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global melanoma market. The report also provides insights on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the market positioning of the current market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights on the pipeline products within the global melanoma sector. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts. The global melanoma market was valued at $351m in 2009 and is forecast to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 16.8% for the next eight years to reach $1,420m by 2017. The growth will primarily be driven by an increase in the disease incidence rate, an increase in awareness of the treatment options, an increase in the treatment seeking population and an influx of novel and efficient drugs.
The report provides information on the key drivers and challenges of the melanoma market. Its scope includes:
- Annualized global melanoma market revenues data from 2001 to 2009, forecast for eight years to 2017.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across the different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends. Pipeline candidates fall under major therapeutic classes such as Anti-VEGF, B-cell lymphoma 2,Transmembrane glycoprotein NMB, mTOR inhibitor, BRAF Kinase inhibitor, MEK inhibitor, microtubule inhibits, Mitotic inhibitor and Cytotoxic agent.
- Analysis of the current and future competition in the global melanoma market. Key market players covered are Abraxis BioScience, Inc., Glaxosmithkline, Bayer Schering Pharma AG, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Oncolytics Biotech Inc., Merck & Co., Inc., and Pfizer Inc.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for the melanoma therapeutics market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global melanoma market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global melanoma market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What’s the next big thing in the global melanoma market landscape? - Identify, understand and capitalize.