GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, “Bladder Cancer - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017”. The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global bladder cancer therapeutics market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global bladder cancer therapeutics market. The report also provides insights on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the market positioning of the current market leaders.
Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights on the pipeline products within the global bladder cancer therapeutics sector. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts. The global bladder cancer therapeutics market was worth $577.5m in 2009. The market grew at a CAGR of 9.9% between 2001 and 2009. The bladder cancer therapeutics market was dominated by generics such as vinblastine, cisplatin and methotrexate, as well as Bacillus Calmette-Guérin (BCG) and mitomycin C. Gemzar is the only available branded drug that is approved for the treatment of bladder cancer. However, in 2009, the drug’s patent expired in Europe and subsequently, Gemzar faced competition from generic versions manufactured by companies such as Actavis. Between 2009 and 2017, the bladder cancer therapeutics market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.0%, due to the launch of three new promising therapies - EoQuin, Javlor (launched in the UK) and Urocidin.
- The report provides information on the key drivers and challenges of the bladder cancer therapeutics market. Its scope includes:
- Annualized global bladder cancer therapeutics market revenues data from 2001 to 2009, forecast for eight years to 2017.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across the different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends. Pipeline candidates fall under major therapeutic classes such as microtubule synthesis inhibitors, BCG refractory CIS Therapy, Growth factor inhibitors, Heat Shock Protein Blockers and gene therapies.
- Analysis of the current and future competition in the global bladder cancer therapeutics market market. Key market players covered are Celldex Therapeutics, AstraZeneca, Bioniche and Sanofi-Aventis, Inc.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for the bladder cancer therapeutics market.
Reasons to buy
- The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global bladder cancer therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global bladder cancer therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What’s the next big thing in the global bladder cancer therapeutics market landscape? - Identify, understand and capitalize.