GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, “Breast Cancer Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017”. The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global breast cancer market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global breast cancer market. The report also provides insights on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the market positioning of the current market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights on the pipeline products within the global breast cancer sector. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
GlobalData’s analysis suggests that the global breast cancer market was worth $8.7 billion in 2009. It is forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6% for the next eight years, to reach $13.86 billion by 2017. The high projected growth rate is primarily attributable to a strong pipeline. Increases in the treatment seeking population, the diagnosis population, and the availability of new first-in-class therapies with better safety and efficacy are expected to drive the growth of the breast cancer market.
The report provides information on the key drivers and challenges of the breast cancer market. Its scope includes:
- Annualized global breast cancer market revenues data from 2001 to 2009, forecast for eight years to 2017.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across the different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends. Pipeline candidates fall under major therapeutic classes such as GnRH antagonists, GnRH synergists, aromatase inhibitors, antiprogestins and steroid sulfatase inhibitors.
- Analysis of the current and future competition in the global breast cancer market. Key market players covered are Bayer Healtcare Pharmaceuticals, Pfizer Inc, Neurocrine Biosciences Inc., Æterna Zentaris Inc. and Repros Therapeutics Inc.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for the breast cancer therapeutics market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global breast cancer market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global breast cancer market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What’s the next big thing in the global breast cancer market landscape? - Identify, understand and capitalize.