Petroleo Brasileiro S.A., Company Intelligence Report
Petroleo Brasileiro S.A. (Petrobras) is an integrated oil and gas company involved in the exploration, production, refining and transportation of crude oil and natural gas and the manufacturing of petroleum products and biofuels. The company is headquartered in Rio de Janeiro, and its major producing assets are located in Brazil. It also produces in North America, Asia, Africa and other South American countries.
In South America, the company operates in Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela. In North America, it operates in the US and Mexico. In Africa, the company operates oil in Angola and Nigeria; and in Asia, it has refining operations in Japan. Petrobras’s business is divided into six segments - upstream, downstream, distribution, biofuels, gas and power.
The upstream segment of the company is engaged in Exploration and Production (E&P) and the development of crude oil, Natural Gas Liquids (NGL) and natural gas resources, globally. The Refining, Marketing and Transportation (RTM) segment is engaged in activities related to logistics and the refining, transportation and export of oil and oil products. In 2012, the company’s E&P and RTM segments contributed around 55.4% and 86.9% of its total revenue respectively.
Its total production and reserves were 948.3 million barrels of oil equivalent (mmboe) and 12,883.2mmboe respectively during 2012. In Brazil, the majority of the company’s production is from major basins, including Santos, Espírito Santo and Potiguar. These are the major contributors towards Petrobras’s total revenue. The company has strong growth plans in these areas to increase its upstream production in the future. Scope
Reasons to buy
- Key Highlights: This section provides detailed analysis on the company’s overall oil and gas value chain, new projects, growth opportunities, new ventures, assets performance, hedging strategies, Capex funding, geographical results of oil and gas operations.
- Goals and Strategies: This section provides the upcoming goals and strategies of the company. The section mainly goals and strategies followed by the company in order to meet its upcoming goals.
- SWOT: The report’s SWOT section provides the internal strength, weakness, opportunities and threats of company to reflect its strategic positions in the market.
- Production and Development Overview: This section highlights the company’s crude oil and natural gas production forecast from its legacy and upcoming assets by region and commodity mix for next five years. The report also covers the detailed information and analysis on the company’s producing and development assets.
- Exploration: This section includes detailed explanation and analysis on the company’s exploration assets resulted due to new discoveries, new drilling and other activities.
- M&A trends: This section mainly provides information and analysis on the company’s recent assets transactions, joint ventures, acquisition, and divestment activities during the last one year. This section highlights the company’s status as a buyer or seller during the analyzed period.
- Financial Forecast and Valuation: This section highlights the detailed financial statement forecast for next five years. With the financial statement forecast, this section also provides intrinsic value of the company by using Valuation method.
- Financial and Operational Metrics: This section covers the company’s historical performance on several financial and operational parameters such as Production and Reserves, Reserves Replacement, Costs Incurred, Acreage, Wells, F&D Costs, Oil and Gas Revenue and Expenses etc.
The report will enhance the decision-making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner. It will allow you to -
- Provide detailed analysis to those who are interested in knowing the companies’ existing and future business strategies.
- Provide in-depth analysis on the companies E&P profiles along with the exploration and M&A updates.
- Provide valuable insights to those who are tracking oil and gas markets and wants to know the intrinsic value of the companies.
- Use the analysis for strategy and planning, M&A identifications, and competitor analysis.