Singapore is one of the world’s pre-eminent offshore investment centers, with 81% of the wealth invested in funds sourced from non-residents. However, the onshore market is a major source of assets under management (AUM) in its own right, with 1.0 million affluent individuals despite the city state’s small population. As a regional trading hub Singapore’s growth rates are closely tied to the health of regional powerhouses such as China, India, and Indonesia; however, even with growth slowing in some of these economies, Singapore’s wealth market will continue to post rates that are the envy of the developed world.
- HNW individuals totaled 29,600 in 2015, a tiny proportion of the overall population and well below the levels seen in the US or Switzerland.
- HNW liquid assets are expected to grow by roughly 7.5% a year between 2015 and 2019.
- Bonds will be the fastest-growing asset class, but more due to greater availability than client demand.
- While Singapore attracts significant offshore investment, residents are also keen to invest abroad – 34% of AUM is invested offshore
Verdict Financial’s “Wealth in Singapore: Sizing the Market Opportunity” analyzes the Singaporean wealth and retail savings and investments markets, with a focus on the HNW segment. The report is based on our proprietary datasets.
Specifically the report:
- Sizes the affluent market (both by the number of individuals and the value of their liquid assets) using our proprietary datasets.
- Analyzes which asset classes are favored by Singaporean retail investors and how their preferences impact the growth of the total savings and investments market.
- Examines HNW clients’ attitudes towards non-liquid investments, such as hedge funds, property and commodities.
- Identifies key drivers and booking centers for offshore investments by Singaporean HNW clients.
Reasons To Buy
- Benchmark your share of the Singaporean wealth market against the current market size.
- Forecast your future growth prospects using our projections for the market to 2019.
- Identify your most promising client segment by analyzing penetration of affluent individuals in Singapore.
- Evaluate your HNW proposition by understanding the investment mix of the local onshore investment market.
- Review your offshore strategy by learning HNW motivations for offshore investments and their preferred booking centers.