Poland is an emerging economy and has a relatively short history of economic freedom and capital markets. As a result, the retail savings and investments market is very much skewed towards deposits. However, the value of onshore liquid assets held by Polish residents has been growing fast. The HNW population remains tiny, but at the same time is growing its wealth at the fastest pace. With their changing preferences and growing interest in offshore investments, Polish billionaires are a lucrative target for private banks and wealth managers.
- Affluent individuals, who account for only 3.2% of the overall population, hold 83.8% of total liquid assets in Poland.
- Similarly to other Central and Eastern European markets, Polish retail savings and investments are allocated mainly to deposits, which comprise 81.8% of the total market.
- Despite historically low interest rates, Polish retail investors have not turned significantly to equities or mutual funds, as since the financial crisis they have tended to avoid risky asset classes.
- Polish HNW individuals allocate around 20% of their portfolios in less liquid investments, showing a strong preference towards property.
- The proportion of the HNW portfolio held offshore has doubled in Poland since 2012. Currently 24% of HNW assets are held abroad, primarily in search of better investment opportunities and tax efficiency.
Verdict Financial’s “Wealth in Poland: Sizing the Market Opportunity” analyzes Poland's wealth and retail savings and investments markets, with a focus on the HNW segment. The report is based on our proprietary datasets.
Specifically the report:
- Sizes the affluent market (both by the number of individuals and the value of their liquid assets) using our proprietary datasets.
- Analyzes which asset classes are favored by Polish investors and how their preferences impact the growth of the total savings and investments market.
- Examines HNW clients’ attitudes towards non-liquid investments such as property and commodities.
- Identifies key drivers and booking centers for offshore investments.
Reasons To Buy
- Benchmark your share of the Polish wealth market against the current market size.
- Forecast your future growth prospects using our projections for the market to 2019.
- Identify your most promising client segment by analyzing penetration of affluent individuals in Poland.
- Evaluate your HNW proposition by understanding how low interest rates and stock market volatility affect HNW clients’ preferences.
- Review your offshore strategy by learning HNW motivations for offshore investments and their preferred booking centers.