?Rising margin pressures have compelled insurers to enhance their customer service and devise new strategies to survive in the dynamic insurance market. Insurers are investing in various ICT segments to maintain their foothold in an increasingly challenging business environment. Insurers are using ICT to streamline their operations, achieve agility and quality of services, and increase their overall productivity.
- While insurers consider hardware investments to be a vital component of their strategy to improve sales and channel effectiveness, they are also investing in various software solutions to enable growth and effectively support their business operations & risk management.
- Insurers are using mobility to transform their working environments, improve their productivity, drive growth, and increase their profits.
- Meanwhile, customer channels and marketing systems rule the investment priorities of insurers in 2015.
ICT investment trends in insurance presents the findings from a survey of 112 insurers regarding their Information & Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how insurers currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
The report illustrates the core technologies insurers are investing in, including enterprise applications, mobility, and cloud computing. Understand the approach adopted by insurance companies to purchase technology and get a better insight into ICT vendors and services providers when pitching their solutions to insurers. The report focuses on insurers ICT expenditure trends for specific business areas, identifying the top three IT projects, and understanding the business challenges faced by insurers.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2015 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions insurers are interested in outsourcing
- Insurers investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as enterprise applications, mobility, and cloud computing
- Factors that are influencing insurers investments in each technology category
- How insurers IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Insurers distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into insurers preferred buying approaches
- Business and IT objectives that insurers are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing insurers decisions to select an ICT provider
- Understand how the insurers ICT landscape is set to change in 2015 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by insurers in specific geographies and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of insurers
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (enterprise applications, mobility, and cloud computing)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing insurers decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers priorities and identify the business and IT objectives that insurers are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies