The Italian market for cigars and cigarillos is one of the most buoyant in Europe and has recently seen strong growth, boosted by demand for value cigarillos. Volumes overall are forecast to rise between 2014 and 2024 to almost 490 million pieces
- The overall tobacco products market has been in decline since 2011, however cigarettes have been the star performer.
- Cigars have traditionally accounted for the majority of the total market in volume terms, although recently there has been a switch towards cigarillos which gathered pace during the 1990s, however, by 2000 cigarillos had overtaken cigars as the largest sector in volume terms.
- The Netherlands and Germany have long been the largest sources of supply in unit terms
- The Cigar market supports a large number of manufacturers and an even larger number of lines. The market is dominated by MS Toscano which had more than 90% of this segment in 2014, an all-time high for the company
- “Cigars and Cigarillos in Italy”, is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Italian market.
- What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2014 to 2024.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific dynamics of the UK market is key to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- MS Toscano
- J Cortes
- Arnold Andre
- Swedish Match