The use of smokeless tobacco in the US continues to expand despite a number of pressures against the use of the product. Since 2006, overall consumption has been growing, despite a marginal decline in 2009 due to the impact of tax driven rises, particularly for chewing tobacco, before recovering from 2010 onwards. In per capita terms, use is high at approximately 192.4g per person.
- The US tobacco products market is one of the largest in the world but is in decline, with overall consumption having fallen by almost 30% since 2000
- A relatively small number of manufacturers supply smokeless tobacco in the US, but interest in the sector has sparked acquisitions in recent years
- Demand for smokeless tobacco is expected to expand between 2014 and 2024, although chewing tobacco use is expected to continue to decline in favor of moist snuff and similar products
“Smokeless Tobacco in the US” is an analytical report by Canadean that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the US’ market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of manufacturers and leading brands, along with company profiles
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habits, and the growing health concerns affecting overall production
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2014 to 2024
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change – favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the US market is key to ensuring maximum future sales
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and identify where to compete in the future"