Australia is known for its multicultural landscape, which is also reflected in the country’s HNW market. HNW investors in Australia stem from a range of different backgrounds and portray distinctive demand patterns. However, a strong affinity for equity investments and high expectations when it comes to financial advice and other support services (such as pension and tax advice) are common characteristics.
- The majority of HNW individuals in Australia have accumulated their wealth through earned income, but first-generation entrepreneurs and family businesses represent the largest sources of wealth.
- While representing a slightly lower proportion than in the wider region, HNW expats constitute an attractive target segment in Australia, accounting for 8.3% of Australian HNW individuals (or approximately 11,800 individuals).
- Australian HNW investors allocate almost three times as much wealth into equities compared to their peers in Asia Pacific.
- HNW individuals show a strong and rising interest in advisory asset management, while demand for execution-only services is limited.
- Australian HNW investors show strong and rising demand for tax, pension, and financial planning as well as property advice, making a multi-service strategy critical in Australia.
Verdict Financial’s “Wealth in Australia: HNW Investors” report analyzes the investing preferences and portfolio allocation of Australian HNW investors. The report is based on our proprietary Global Wealth Managers Survey.
Specifically the report:
- Profiles the average Australian HNW investor in terms of their demographics and analyzes the expat opportunity in the country.
- Analyzes which wealth management mandates are preferred among Australian HNW investors and how demand will develop going forward.
- Examines the allocation of Australian HNW investors’ portfolios into different asset classes and how the allocation is expected to develop in the future
- Analyzes product and service demand among Australian HNW investors
Reasons To Buy
- Develop and enhance your client targeting strategies using our data on HNW profiles and sources of wealth.
- Give your marketing strategies the edge required and capture new clients using insights from our data on HNW investors’ drivers for seeking investment advice vs self-directing.
- Tailor your investment product portfolio to match current and future demand for different asset classes among HNW individuals.
- Develop your service proposition to match the product and service demand expressed by Australian HNW investors and react proactively to the forecasted change in demand.