Competing for a Share of Sustainability Expenditure in the Food and Drink Manufacturing Industry 2010-2012: Green Marketing Strategies and Drivers, Food and Drink Supplier Expenditure Activity, and Impact on Profitability is a new report by ICD research in association with Food Business Review that analyzes how food and drinks industry supplier companies perceive sustainability; the specific marketing strategies and practices being undertaken; how sustainability initiatives have been affected by the economic downturn; and what actions are being taken to minimize its negative effects. This report also examines category-level spending outlooks; green marketing budgets; supplier selection criteria; competitive structure developments; the principal challenges associated with the implementation of sustainability practices; market-specific growth opportunities; and the investment opportunities available for leading marketing decision makers.
- The report is based on primary survey research conducted by ICD Research accessing its B2B panels comprised of senior purchase decision makers and leading supplier organizations
- Opinions and forward looking statements on sustainability management of over 129 industry executives are captured in our in-depth survey, of which 70% represent Directors, C-levels & Departmental Heads
- Analysis on effective promotional channels and major drivers of green marketing, along with key steps of marketing green credentials
- Key topics include suppliers annual and green marketing budgets, post recession spending trends and modifications, customer acceptance of green initiatives marketing, and how sustainability might influence future business and profitability
- In the report suppliers identify whether green marketing is more effective than traditional marketing while industry players predict customer spending patterns on sustainability for the next 12-24 months
- The geographical scope of the research is global drawing on the activity and expectations of leading industry players across the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Africa & Middle East
Reasons To Buy
- Benchmark your sales and marketing plans with industry competitors to effectively determine sustainability strategy and drivers
- Identify the specific green marketing channels your competitors are using to win business
- Better promote your business by aligning your capabilities and business practices with your customers changing sustainability needs
- Predict customer spend on sustainability, and acceptance of green initiatives to help forecast revenues
- Understand post recession modifications to sustainability initiatives to formulate company policies
- Cost savings, managing corporate reputation and attracting new customers are major drivers influencing sustainability efforts in the food and drinks industry.
- Post recession some 73% of industry players are looking to increase their sustainability budget over the next 12 months, with only 27% looking to decrease it.
- Some 27% of companies in food and drinks industry consider green marketing to be more effective than traditional marketing, whereas 20% consider it to be less effective.