Competing for a Share of Sustainability Expenditure in the Packaging Industry 2010-2012: Green Marketing Strategies and Drivers, Packaging Supplier Expenditure Activity, and Impact on Profitability is a new report by ICD research that analyzes how defense industry buyers perceive sustainability; specific procurement strategies and practices being undertaken; how sustainability initiatives have been affected by the economic downturn; and what actions are being taken to minimize its negative effects. This report also examines category-level spending outlooks; sustainable procurement budgets; supplier selection criteria; competitive structure developments; the principal challenges associated with the implementation of sustainability practices; market-specific growth opportunities; and the investment opportunities available for leading purchase decision makers. In addition, this report explores both buyer and supplier expectations of profitability as the industry progresses into 2011, and reveals the stakeholders responsible for sustainability-related decisions.
- The report is based on primary survey research conducted by ICD Research accessing its B2B panels comprised of senior purchase decision makers and leading supplier organizations
- Opinions and forward looking statements on sustainability management of over 113 industry executives are captured in our in-depth survey, of which 60% represent Directors, C-levels & Departmental Heads
- Analysis of buyer spend on sustainability, sustainable procurement practices and post recession industry developments
- Key topics include suppliers annual and green marketing budgets, post recession spending trends and modifications, customer acceptance of green initiatives marketing, and how sustainability might influence future business and profitability
- In the report suppliers identify whether green marketing is more effective than traditional marketing while industry players predict customer spending patterns on sustainability for the next 12-24 months
- The geographical scope of the research is global drawing on the activity and expectations of leading industry players across the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Africa & Middle East
Reasons To Buy
- Benchmark your sales and marketing plans with industry competitors to effectively determine sustainability strategy and drivers
- Identify the specific green marketing channels your competitors are using to win business
- Better promote your business by aligning your capabilities and business practices with your customers changing sustainability needs
- Predict customer spend on sustainability, and acceptance of green initiatives to help forecast revenues
- Understand post recession modifications to sustainability initiatives to formulate company policies
- Cost savings, attracting new customers and positive outcomes for the environment are major drivers influencing sustainability efforts in the packaging industry.
- Post recession some 71% of industry players are looking to increase their sustainability budget over the next 12 months, with only 29% looking to decrease it.
- Some 32% of companies in packaging industry consider green marketing to be more effective than traditional marketing, whereas only 13% consider it to be less effective.