This report contains a competitive company benchmarking analysis based on key financial and operating parameters and ratios of a select peer group of companies, compared to one another and to overall global averages for their retail channel. The analysis highlights the companies that are performing the best among the peer group, and in which areas, and therefore clarifies leading performance standards and the strengths and weaknesses of companies covered.
Canadeans North American Leading Department Stores Company Benchmarking Analysis Report compares the strength of the leading department stores in North America relative to each other and international averages for retailers in the department stores channel.
The benchmark analysis is based on key parameters and ratios that explain the performance of a particular company against that of its immediate peers and its overall channel of operation. As such, it provides an easy-to-use analysis which highlights the companies that are setting the benchmark performance in their channel of operation.
The report provides a peer group benchmarking analysis of leading department stores in North America. The peer group is selected from our Retailer Company Benchmark Database which covers the leading 1,000 global retailers. The peer group covered includes leading public department stores based in North America.
The retailers covered in the report are:
- Kohl's Corporation
- The TJX Companies Inc.
- J. C. Penney Company Inc.
- Sears Holdings Corporation
- Macy's Inc.
- Dillard's Inc.
- The Bon-Ton Stores Inc.
Reasons To Buy
- Understand the relative competitive strengths and weaknesses of the players covered, both compared to each other, as well as for the average performance of retailers in this channel around the world.
- Detailed scorecards and summary "heat charts" provide clear, concise "at a glance" analysis of the relative performance of the companies covered across a range of metrics. While more detailed data provides the granular detail behind these concise analyses.
- Gain a detailed knowledge of the best in class performance levels amongst the retailers covered in order to benchmark both competitor performance as well as that of your own company.
- TJX was the strongest performer of the leading department stores in North America, and was the strongest performer in all areas.
- Kohls was the top performer under the scale and growth pillar. Furthermore, its performance was second-best in the peer group in operational efficiency and financial performance pillar.
- Bon-Tons performance was weaker than the channel average in all areas. A trend of consumers shifting from Bon-Ton to discounters was observed as it is recording lower inventory turnover, and is expected to continue in 2011.
- The market has been contracting as department stores are facing increased competition from hypermarkets, supermarkets and discounters as customer choosing them as they seek better value for their money.