FirstEnergy Corp. - Power Plants and SWOT Analysis, 2016 Update
The report contains a detailed description of the power generation companys business operations, history, corporate strategy, and business structure. This report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on key employees (executives), and major products and services.
- Major Power Plants (assets) - summarized and detailed information about the power plants (assets).
- Operational Metrics (capacity, generation, revenue, sales, number of consumers).
- Business description - A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - GlobalDatas summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT analysis - A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands
- Key employees - A list of the key executives and personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Financial deals - Coverage of key financial deals from 2006 onwards, depending upon information availability
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
* Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Reasons to buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and major products and services are incorporated in the profile to assist in various business decisions (M&A and JV).
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this reports analysis of the companys business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to competitors business structure and strategies with GlobalDatas detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the companys core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing an up to date objective view of the company.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 4
Company Snapshot 5
Key Information 5
Company Overview 5
SWOT Snapshot 5
Operational Metrics 6
FirstEnergy Corp., Operational Metrics, By Capacity 6
FirstEnergy Corp., Operational Metrics, By Generation 6
FirstEnergy Corp., Operational Metrics, By Transmission 6
FirstEnergy Corp., Operational Metrics, By Distribution 6
FirstEnergy Corp., Operational Metrics, By Customers 7
FirstEnergy Corp., Operational Metrics, By Sales 7
FirstEnergy Corp., Wind Farms 8
FirstEnergy Corp., Wind Farms, United States 8
FirstEnergy Corp., Solar PV Parks 9
FirstEnergy Corp., Solar PV Parks, United States 9
FirstEnergy Corp., Hydro Power Plants 10
FirstEnergy Corp., Hydro Power Plants, United States 10
FirstEnergy Corp., Thermal Power Plants 11
FirstEnergy Corp., Thermal Power Plants, United States 11
Business Description 13
Business Overview 13
Major Products and Services 14
SWOT Analysis 22
FirstEnergy Corp. Strengths 22
FirstEnergy Corp. Weaknesses 23
FirstEnergy Corp. Opportunities 23
FirstEnergy Corp. Threats 24
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 27
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 28
Key Employees 29
Key Employee Biographies 30
Company Statement 31
Locations And Subsidiaries 33
Head Office 33
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 33
Financial Deals Landscape 35
FirstEnergy Corp., Deals Summary 35
FirstEnergy Corp., Power, Deal Details 36
Asset Transactions 36
Debt Offering 42
Asset Transactions 45
Recent Developments 49
FirstEnergy Corp. - Recent Developments 49
Report Scope 260
GlobalData Coverage 260
GlobalDatas Methodology 260
Secondary Research 260
Primary Research 260
Contact Us 261
List of Tables
FirstEnergy Corp., Key Facts 16
FirstEnergy Corp., Operational Metrics, Capacity 17
FirstEnergy Corp., Operational Metrics, Generation 17
FirstEnergy Corp., Operational Metrics, Transmission 17
FirstEnergy Corp., Operational Metrics, Distribution 17
FirstEnergy Corp., Operational Metrics, Customers 18
FirstEnergy Corp., Operational Metrics, Sales 18
FirstEnergy Corp., Wind Farms, United States 19
FirstEnergy Corp., Solar PV Parks, United States 20
FirstEnergy Corp., Hydro Power Plants, United States 21
FirstEnergy Corp., Thermal Power Plants, United States 22
Major Products and Services 25
FirstEnergy Corp., SWOT Analysis 33
FirstEnergy Corp., Ratios based on current share price 37
FirstEnergy Corp., Annual Ratios 38
FirstEnergy Corp., Interim Ratios 39
FirstEnergy Corp., Key Employees 40
FirstEnergy Corp., Subsidiaries 44
FirstEnergy Corp., Deals Summary 46
FirstEnergy to Invest USD30 Million in Transmission Substation in Ohio, US 47
Potomac Edison Invests US$5.3 Million In Thurmont To Union Bridge Transmission Line In US 48
Monongahela Power Company To Acquire Harrison Coal Fired Power Station From Allegheny Energy For Upto US$1 Billion 49
FirstEnergy Merges With Allegheny Energy 50
Monongahela Power Raises USD600 Million in Private Placement Of 5.4% Bonds Due 2043 53
Monongahela Power Raises USD400 Million in Private Placement Of 4.1% Bonds Due 2024 54
Metropolitan Edison Completes Public Offering Of 3.517% Bonds Due 2023 For US$300 Million 55
FirstEnergy Generation Sells Two Natural Gas-Fired Peaking Plants To Richland-Stryker For US$80 Million 56
FirstEnergy Sells Fremont Energy Center For US$500 Million To American Municipal 57
FirstEnergy Generation Sells 100% Stake In Sumpter Plant To Wolverine Power 58
FirstEnergy Sells 6.6% Interest In Ohio Valley Electric To Wolverine Power 59