In 2016, Egypt will generate estimated telecom revenue of US$4.7bn or 1.7% of GDP, which is 8.5% lower than the previous year in US dollars due to local currency depreciation. Growth in fixed and mobile data services will drive the overall growth in the market in local currency. Total revenue will increase by 17.9% in Egyptian pounds over the 2015-2016 period.
Vodafone Egypt will continue to dominate the telecom market despite increasing competition from other players. Telecom Egypt, the fixed-line incumbent, has acquired a 4G license and will enter the mobile market. Other operators are also increasing their focus on network enhancement to improve their quality of service in order to drive growth in the increasingly competitive market.
The total number of fixed access lines will rise by 9.6% over 2015-2016 to reach 6.6m, aided by growth in DSL subscribers.
- The Egyptian telecom market will generate an estimated $4.7bn in service revenue in 2016, 8.5% less than the previous year in dollar terms due to local currency depreciation.
- Mobile data is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 6.9% during 2016-2021, to reach $1.5bn in 2021, supported by the increasing adoption of smartphones.
- We expect 3G subscriptions to reach 66.4m or 58.2% of total mobile subscriptions in 2021 from an estimated 39.6m or 41.6% of total mobile subscriptions in 2016.
- Telecom Egypt, the fixed-line incumbent, has acquired a 4G license and will enter the mobile market.
“Egypt: Market Shake-Up as the Fixed Voice Incumbent Acquires a 4G License and Prepares to Enter the Mobile Market” report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Egypt today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the Egyptian telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research’s databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Egypt compared with other countries in the Africa and Middle East region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Egypt.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2014 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of Egypt’s telecommunications market, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Egypt’s communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of Egypt’s telecom market.
- Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Egypt.