Prostate Cancer - Japan Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
Prostate cancer is the second most common cancer in men worldwide, after skin cancer. It accounts for 15% of all the cancers diagnosed in men, and thus represents a huge burden on healthcare systems. While patients diagnosed with early-stage, localized prostate cancer can be cured, patients who are diagnosed with or progress to castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) have no curative options. This report focuses on the current treatment landscape, unmet needs, pipeline assessment and market outlook for prostate cancer. . Since 2010, five new drugs have been approved for the treatment of CRPC: Dendreons Provenge, Sanofis Jevtana, Johnson & Johnsons Zytiga, Medivation/Astellas Xtandi, and Bayers Xofigo. During the forecast period from 2013-2023, GlobalData expects that nine new late-stage pipeline agents will launch, eight of which will be for the treatment of CRPC. As a result of this unprecedented level of clinical development, GlobalData predicts there will be massive changes in the CRPC treatment paradigm. In addition, due to the influx of new therapies, the size of the prostate cancer market across the nine major pharmaceutical markets (9MM) (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Brazil, and Canada) will increase three-fold.
The Japanese market for prostate cancer will grow significantly over the forecast period. As none of the branded prostate cancer therapies for CRPC were available in Japan in 2013, GlobalData expects there will be rapid uptake of Xtandi, Jevtana and Zytiga, which all launched in Japan in 2014.
*This is an on-demand report and will be delivered within 24 hrs. (excluding weekends) of the purchase.
- Overview of Prostate Cancer including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in Japan including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in Japan from 2013-2023.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting Japan Prostate Cancer market.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Prostate Cancer.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance
- Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2013-2023 in Japan.