The Kenyan cigarette market is relatively small, even by Sub-Saharan African standards, due to the high price of cigarettes, which deters many consumers from regularly consuming them. Consequently, consumers perceive cigarettes as a luxury item with smokers purchasing a 20-piece pack on pay day then purchasing single sticks at kiosks throughout the rest of the month, which explains why per capita consumption is 144 pieces per year. The market volume was 6.5 billion pieces as if 2015, which is only a 4.7% increase on 1990 levels and highlights the low smoking prevalence in the country.
- Per capita consumption is 144 pieces a year; which a 46% below 1990 levels
- The industry estimates that the non-duty paid market accounts for 11% of the total market, as of 2012
- Only 15.1% of men and 0.8% of women over 15 years are smokers
- American blends of cigarettes are unpopular in the country with many smokers opting for Virginian blends
Cigarettes in Kenya is an analytical report by Canadean that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Kenyan market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise
- Detailed information such as market shares and the recent developments of manufacturers and leading brands, along with company profiles
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habits, and the growing health concerns affecting overall production
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2015 to 2025
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning
- As consumers product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the Kenyan market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future