Growing per capita GDP and disposable income is driving the growth of the UK Spirits market. The Spirits market in the UK is led by the Vodka category, both in terms of value and volume in 2015. The Vodka category is also forecast to register fastest growth among all categories during 2015-2020. Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in UKs Spirits market. Glass is the most commonly used packaging material in the countrys Spirits market.
- Of the eight categories analyzed, Rum is forecast to be the fastest growing value category, registering a CAGR of 5.7% during 2015-2020
- The Spirits market in the UK account for nearly one-fifth of the overall Wine & Spirits sales by volume
- Private label products in the Specially Spirits category registered the fastest growth during 2012-2015
- Diageo Plc and Bacardi Limited are the leading market players in the country
Canadeans Consumer and Market Insights report on the Spirits market in the UK provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for eight categories including Brandy, Gin & Genever, Liqueurs, Rum, Specialty Spirits, Tequila & Mezcal, Vodka, and Whiskey with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, On-trade and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass and Flexible Packaging; container data for: Bottle and Pouch
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning