HER2-Negative Breast Cancer - Japan Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
Breast cancer is the second most common cancer in the world and the most common cancer in women worldwide. This report focuses on the current treatment landscape, unmet needs, current pipeline, and commercial opportunities in the HER2-negative breast cancer market, with coverage of multiple settings; neoadjuvant, adjuvant, first-, second-, third-, and fourth-line metastatic.
Overall five year survival in breast cancer is relatively high, at around 90%, but this is subjective to the subtype and stage of the disease. Importantly this report segments HER2 negative breast cancer into its two major subtypes; hormone receptor positive (HR+) and triple negative breast cancer (TNBC).
There are several reasons for this decline, the most important of which is the fact that fewer drugs will be entering fewer settings in the Japanese market than in the US and 5EU, in particular, NeuVax in the highly lucrative adjuvant setting, and several premium-priced PARP inhibitors in the TNBC setting. Japan will also see the highest number of patent expiries (six) of any of the forecast countries, which will result in significant downsizing and curtailment of growth compared with the rest of the world. Japan also has a steadily declining population (AGR = -0.03%), meaning that the total potential patient pool that could be eligible for any given drug is reduced. Furthermore, the higher drug prices observed in the US and 5EU compared with the more modest prices observed in Japan, will contribute to the decline in the Japanese market.
*This is an on-demand report and will be delivered within 24 hrs. (excluding weekends) of the purchase.
- Overview of HER2-Negative Breast Cancer including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in Japan including product HER2-Negative Breast Cancercription, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in Japan from 2013-2023.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the Japan HER2-Negative Breast Cancer market.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for HER2-Negative Breast Cancer.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance
- Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2013-2023 in Japan.