This report is the result of WealthInsights extensive research covering the HNWI population and Wealth Management industry in India and China.
China and India are the two largest emerging markets in the world. In addition to providing a comprehensive and robust background of these two economies, including, uniquely, detailed analysis of economic and political risks to HNWI wealth creation, the report provides robust projections of the volume and wealth of HNWIs in both countries. The report then reviews these findings in an analysis of each countrys Wealth Management and Private Banking sector.
The report features:
- Independent market sizing of Chinas and Indias HNWI
- Volume and wealth trends from 2007 to 2011 Volume and wealth forecasts to 2015
- Details of the development, challenges and opportunities of the Wealth Management and Private Banking sector in China and India
- Family office information
- The WealthInsight HNWI Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading database of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the HNWI Database comprises up to one hundred data-points on over 100,000 HNWI around the world. With the HNWI Database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- Comprehensive forecasts to 2015.
- Information on sources of wealth for HNWIs in each major city, by industry and other measures.
India currently has the fourth-highest number of HNWIs in the Asia-Pacific region after Japan, China and Australia. In 2011, there are 251,000 HNWIs in India who, together, hold a total of US$1,083 billion. Going forward, the number of Indian HNWIs is expected to grow by 85% to reach close to 465,000 individuals in 2015. HNWI wealth is expected to grow by 97% to US$2,134 billion in 2015.
There are currently 1.3 million HNWIs in China with a combined wealth of US$4.3 trillion, which equates to 26% of the total wealth held in the country. WealthInsight expects HNWI wealth to increase at a CAGR of 14.7% over the forecast period to reach US$7.5 trillion in 2015, while volume will grow at a CAGR of 13.5% to reach over 2.1 million in 2015.
Our research shows that over 50,000 Chinese HNWI are looking to move abroad each year. Indeed, much of the frothiness in Hong Kongs property market is due to demand from Chinese HNWI, who buy luxury homes in Hong Kong in order to gain Hong Kong citizenship.