This report is the result of WealthInsights extensive research covering the HNWI population and Wealth Management industry in Hong Kong. It provides market size and forecasts of the HNWI population. By leveraging the WealthInsight HNWI Database, it provides key demographic breakdowns.
This report provides projections of the volume and wealth of Hong Kongs HNWI and a comprehensive background of the Hong Kong economy. This includes demographic trends (2007-2011) and findings of the proprietary WealthInsight HNWI Database.
- Independent market sizing of Hong Kongs HNWI
- Most up to date and thorough analysis of the demographic breakdown of Hong Kongs HNWI
- Volume and wealth trends from 2007 to 2011
- Volume and wealth forecasts to 2015
- Current insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
- The WealthInsight Intelligence Center Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the Database comprises up to one hundred data-points on over 100,000 HNWI, private banks, wealth managers and family offices around the world. With the Database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- Comprehensive forecasts to 2015.
- There are just over 184,700 HNWI in Hong Kong with an average wealth of US$4.6 million per person and a combined wealth of US$845 billion.
- After Singapore, Hong Kong has the second highest population density of HNWI in the world - approximately 1 in 40 Hong Kongers are a HNWI.
- Following a 50% fall in 2008, HNWI volumes increased significantly in 2009 (77%) and 2010 (28%). The growth for these two years was the highest of anywhere in the world, as the entry of new HNWI from China and strong local property markets boosted performance. This growth did not continue into 2011, however, as HNWI volumes, constrained by the poor performance of local and international equity markets, grew by only 4% in 2011.
- The number of Hong Kongs HNWI is expected to rise by 39% (8.5% pa) from 2011 to 2015, reaching over 256,000 individuals by 2015, while HNWI wealth will grow by 41% (9.0% pa), reaching US$1.2 trillion in 2015.