The report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the lighting products market in the BRIC countries including:
- In-depth analysis of the lighting products market in the four BRIC countries: Brazil, Russia, India and China
- A comprehensive and country-specific analysis of market attractiveness, covering the key trends, drivers and challenges across the four countries
- Detailed market sizes for each BRIC country for a period of 10 years (20072016), including category level and end-user level analysis
- Detailed insights into the regulatory framework, market entry strategy, product innovation and marketing strategy relevant to the lighting products market
- Description and analysis of the competitive landscape and the key distribution channels for the lighting products market
The impending 2014 FIFA World Cup and 2016 Olympics Games that will be hosted by Brazil are expected to create a huge amount of business for the countrys hospitality, retail and leisure industries. These factors are expected to contribute to the growth of the lighting products market in the forecast period, despite the fact that the market was largely unfruitful during the review period due to the global financial crisis and strict government regulations.
The Russian government has been encouraging energy conservation during the review period. The State Duma passed several laws in 2009 to regulate the use of lighting products in order to ensure that the countrys overall energy conservation improves. The government has also made it mandatory for all government offices to replace incandescent bulbs with other energy-conserving lighting products such as CFLs.
The increasing number of real estate activities and rapid urbanization that is taking place in India is expected to generate a higher demand for lighting products in the country. Also, the Indian government has initiated several schemes to cut carbon emissions in the country. For instance, the Bangalore Electricity Supply Company (BESCOM) introduced the Belaku Scheme, under which CFLs will be offered to consumers at subsidized prices.
China has the largest lighting products market out of the BRIC countries, due to its massive internal demand and huge lighting products export capabilities. In China, the government has announced a three-step process to phase out the use of energy inefficient incandescent bulbs. The National Development and Reform Commission are developing measures to encourage the promotion of LED illumination, based on the Green Lighting Policy of the Ministry of Finance. The countrys Twelfth Five-Year Plan is being drafted and will include the development of LED lamps, with estimates that LED sales will quadruple during the forecast period.
This report provides an extensive analysis of the lighting products market in the BRIC countries:
- It details historical values for the BRIC lighting products market for 20072011, along with forecast figures for 20122016
- It provides supporting country-specific analysis on the overall market as well as individual values for the industrys key categories
- The report provides top-level analysis of the lighting products markets production, distribution and consumption dynamics
- The report also details the competitive landscape for both manufacturers and retailers including the market entry strategy for the future
- The report covers product innovation and marketing strategies, as well as customer segmentation in the market
Reasons To Buy
- Gain a detailed understanding of the manufacturing, retail and demand-side dynamics within the BRIC lighting products market
- Analyse key market trends and opportunities for both existing companies and prospective new market entrants
- Assess the competitive landscape in the lighting products market, enabling the formulation of effective market-entry strategies
- Identify the growth opportunities and industry dynamics within key product categories such as lighting controls, lamps and bulbs, and luminaires
- Assess the distribution channel dynamics in the market with focus on the future outlook
- Gain insights into the product innovation and marketing strategies happening in the market currently and the future outlook
- In all the four countries, the governments have started the implementation of nationwide plans to phase out incandescent bulbs and replace them with energy-efficient lighting products.
- The lighting products market in Brazil was valued at US$2.3 billion in 2011. Upcoming sporting events such as the 2014 FIFA World Cup and 2016 Olympic Games are expected to drive the growth of the construction market which should spur the demand for lighting products over the forecast period.
- The lighting products market in Russia valued US$1.3 billion in 2011. Sporting events such as the 2014 Winter Olympics and the 2018 FIFA World Cup should bring in more investments across different sectors which should aid the lighting products market in Russia.
- The lighting products market in India valued US$0.5 billion in 2011. With massive growth expected in the construction and housing industries, the lighting products market is expected to grow at a significant rate over the forecast period.
- The lighting products market in China valued US$13.3 billion in 2011. Rapid urbanization in China has supported growth in the construction sector which should support the growth of the lighting products market over the forecast period.