The Tata Power Company Limited - Power Plants and SWOT Analysis, 2016 Update
The report contains a detailed description of the power generation companys business operations, history, corporate strategy, and business structure. This report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on key employees (executives), and major products and services.
- Major Power Plants (assets) - summarized and detailed information about the power plants (assets).
- Operational Metrics (capacity, generation, revenue, sales, number of consumers).
- Business description - A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - GlobalDatas summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT analysis - A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands
- Key employees - A list of the key executives and personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Financial deals - Coverage of key financial deals from 2006 onwards, depending upon information availability
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
* Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Reasons to buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and major products and services are incorporated in the profile to assist in various business decisions (M&A and JV).
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this reports analysis of the companys business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to competitors business structure and strategies with GlobalDatas detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the companys core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing an up to date objective view of the company.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
Company Snapshot 4
Operational Metrics 5
The Tata Power Company Limited, Wind Farms 7
The Tata Power Company Limited, Solar PV Parks 9
The Tata Power Company Limited, Solar Thermal Plants 15
The Tata Power Company Limited, Hydro Power Plants 16
The Tata Power Company Limited, Thermal Power Plants 17
Business Description 20
Major Products and Services 21
SWOT Analysis 30
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 34
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 35
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 36
Key Employees 37
Key Employee Biographies 38
Company Statement 39
Locations And Subsidiaries 40
Financial Deals Landscape 42
The Tata Power Company Limited, Power, Deal Details 44
Recent Developments 76
Report Scope 210
GlobalData Coverage 210
GlobalDatas Methodology 210
Secondary Research 210
Primary Research 210
Contact Us 211
List of Tables
The Tata Power Company Limited, Key Facts 13
The Tata Power Company Limited, Operational Metrics, Capacity 14
The Tata Power Company Limited, Operational Metrics, Generation 14
The Tata Power Company Limited, Operational Metrics, Transmission 14
The Tata Power Company Limited, Operational Metrics, Distribution 14
The Tata Power Company Limited, Operational Metrics, Customers 14
The Tata Power Company Limited, Operational Metrics, Segmental Information 14
The Tata Power Company Limited, Operational Metrics, Sales 15
The Tata Power Company Limited, Wind Farms, India 16
The Tata Power Company Limited, Solar PV Parks, India 18
The Tata Power Company Limited, Solar Thermal Plants, India 24
The Tata Power Company Limited, Hydro Power Plants, Nepal 25
The Tata Power Company Limited, Thermal Power Plants, India 26
Major Products and Services 30
The Tata Power Company Limited, SWOT Analysis 39
The Tata Power Company Limited, Ratios based on current share price 43
The Tata Power Company Limited, Annual Ratios 44
The Tata Power Company Limited, Interim Ratios 45
The Tata Power Company Limited, Key Employees 46
The Tata Power Company Limited, Subsidiaries 49
The Tata Power Company Limited, Deals Summary 51
Tata Power Renewable Energy Acquires Indo Rama Renewables Jath Wind Power Plant in Maharashtra, India from Indo Rama Renewables 53
Tata Power Completes Acquisition of 50% Stake in Itezhi Tezhi Hydro Power Plant in Zambia from Tata Africa 54
Tata Power Renewable Energy Acquires Wind Farm From AES Saurashtra Windfarms For US$24.2 Million 55
Tata Power To Invest US$1.6 Billion In Long Phu 2 Coal Fired Power Plant In Vietnam 56
Tata Power Delhi Distribution Invests US$2.5 Million In Rohini 28 Grid Substation, India 57
Tata Power Company And Sunengy To Build US$1 Million Solar Concentrated PV Water Floating Power Project, India 58
Tata Power To Invest US$4 Million For Mulshi Wind Farm In Maharashtra, India 59
RRE And Tata BP Solar To Invest US$25 Million For Solar Photovoltaic Power Project, Bangladesh 60
Tata Power To Acquire Wind Assets From Niskalp Energy 61
Tata Power, Origin Energy And PT Supraco Indonesia To Invest US$250 Million In Sorik Merapi Geothermal Power Project In Sumatra, Indonesia 62
Industrial Energy Completes Project Financing of 133.6 Million for Kalinganagar Gas Fired Power Plant Phase I in Odisha, India. 63
Tata Power Renewable Energy Completes Project Financing for Palaswadi Solar Power Project in Maharashtra, India 64
Druk Green Power And Tata Power Complete Project Financing Of US$120 Million For Dagacchu Hydro Power Plant, Bhutan 65
Tata Power Completes Project Financing Of US$49.2 Million For Mithapur Solar PV Power Project In Gujarat, India 66
NDPL Completes Project Financing Of US$15 Million For Rooftop Solar Power Project In Delhi, India 67
Astratel Nusantara Forms Joint Venture With Tata Power For Development Of Power Plant In Indonesia 68
Tata Power To Form Joint Venture With Clean Energy Invest And IFC InfraVentures To Develop Hydro Projects 69
Tata Power Forms Joint Venture With Exxaro Resources 70
Tata Power Completes Rights Offering Of Shares For US$641.7 Milion 71
Tata Power Renewable Energy Raises USD521.3 Million in Private Placement of Bonds 73
Tata Power Renewable Energy Raises USD85.4 Million in Private Placement of Debentures 75
Tata Power Renewable Raises USD62.5 Million in Private Placement of Debentures 76
Tata Power Raises USD75 Million in Private Placement of Debentures Due 2023 77
Tata Power to Raise USD603.7 Million in Private Placement of Debentures 78
Tata Power Completes Public Offering Of 10.75% Debentures Due 2072 For US$268.2 Million 79
Tata Power Completes Offering Of 11.4% Perpetual Debentures For US$332 Million 80
Tata Power Completes Public Offering Of 8.5% Bond Due 2071 For US$450 Million 81
KS Orka Renewables Completes Acquisition of 47.5% Stake in Sorik Marapi Geothermal Power Project in Indonesia from Tata Power for USD30 Million 82
Tata Power Renewable Energy Acquires Welspun Renewables Energy from Welspun Energy for USD1.37 Billion 83
Tata Power Completes Acquisition Of Remaining 51% Joint Venture Stake In Tata BP Solar From BP Alternative Energy 84