Prolonged drought and low commodity prices have adversely affected the Vietnamese economy resulting in the decrease in economic growth in the first half of 2016. However, Vietnamese enterprises are planning to increase their investments in the ICT domain in 2016 compared to 2015. Facing one of the worst droughts in over a century, Vietnamese economic growth stalled in the first half of 2016 and witnessed a reduction when compared to last year
- Vietnamese enterprises are focusing their investments in the core ICT domains of software, IT services, and hardware. While investments in software dominated the ICT budgets of Vietnamese enterprises in both 2015 and 2016, investments in hardware is expect to increase in 2016 in order to achieve greater efficiency in their IT operations
- Additionally, Vietnamese enterprises are focusing on investing in advanced solutions such as business intelligence, communications & collaboration, internet of things (IoT), and cloud computing solutions
- Meanwhile, software as a service (SaaS) and public cloud are the most popular cloud computing solutions employed by Vietnamese enterprises in 2015 and infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS) are expected to be the top priority of enterprises in 2016
- This report presents the findings from a survey of 54 Vietnamese enterprises regarding their Information & Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how Vietnamese enterprises currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
- The report illustrates the core technologies that enterprises are investing in, including business intelligence, communications & collaboration, IoT, and cloud computing. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by enterprises in Vietnam. Through Kable’s survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to enterprises in Vietnam.
Reasons To Buy
- Understand how the Vietnamese enterprises' ICT landscape is set to change in 2016 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT Dongs are being allocated by Vietnamese enterprises in specific geographies and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of Vietnamese enterprises
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (business intelligence, communication & collaboration, IoT, and cloud computing)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing Vietnamese enterprises’ decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers’ priorities and identify the business and IT objectives that Vietnamese enterprises are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies