The Egyptian cigarette market had, until recently, recorded strong growth, assisted by a policy of price maintenance, a relatively buoyant economy, and population expansion. However, between 2011 and 2012 the market suffered falls in volumes, with tax-led price increases a major factor forcing many to opt for non-duty paid sales, which until then had not been a problem in Egypt. Per capita consumption averages 903 pieces, which is high by African standards, although lower than in some other North African and Middle Eastern countries.
- Per capita consumption is high by African standards, although lower than in some other North African and Middle Eastern countries
- Contraband has grown in the last few years to become a major problem
- Filter-tipped cigarettes dominate the market, these being mostly local or American blend lines
- The Eastern Company is the only domestic manufacturer of cigarettes, enjoying a virtual monopoly over sales with its own range and foreign brands, yet its profile is weakening in the face of imports
"Cigarettes in Egypt", is an analytical report by Canadean that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Egyptian market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers and leading brands, along with company profiles
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habits, and the growing health concerns affecting overall production
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2015 to 2025
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning
- As consumers product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the Egyptian market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future