Syria is one of the larger countries in the Middle East. Although the global financial crisis caused a slowdown in growth in 2008, real GDP still grew by 6% in 2009, but the economy slowed in 2010 with growth down to 3.2%. There was a 2% decline in 2011 as the political and social unrest of the Arab uprising continued, with no sign of the violence ending. The cigarette industry has a large youth population and a strong cultural prevalence of smoking cigarettes and narghile (water pipes). A high percentage of adult males and females are smokers. King size filter cigarettes used to dominate the market and were favored by most consumers.
- There is a big cigarette market due to the high percentage of adult males and females who smoke
- Duty paid sales are expected to decline but should recover by 2024, although this recovery depends on a cessation of hostilities and a return to a stable government in the future
- Investment by the state-owned General Organisation of Tobacco (GOT), which controls all aspects of the tobacco industry, had earlier helped to overcome supply shortages by raising domestic production and at the same time improving the quality of brands
- Duty paid sales are expected to fall back in 2015 but should recover to reach 34 billion pieces by 2024, although any market recovery depends on a cessation of hostilities and a return to a stable government in the future
"Cigarettes in Syria" is an analytical report by Canadean that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Syrian market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers and leading brands, along with company profiles
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habits, and the growing health concerns affecting overall production
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2015 to 2025
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning
- As consumers product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific dynamics of the Syrian market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future