- This report is the result of an extensive survey drawn from ICD Researchs exclusive panel of leading airports industry executives. The opinions and forward looking statements of 201 industry executives have been captured in our in-depth survey, of which 37% represent Director and C-level respondents.
- The geographical scope of the research is global - drawing on the activity and expectations of leading industry players across the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Africa and Middle East.
- The report covers data and analysis on buyer expenditure, procurement and industry developments.
- Key topics covered include airports industry buyer expenditure activity, procurement behaviors and strategies, threats and opportunities, economic outlook and business confidence.
- In the report buyers identify what suppliers need to do to maintain their business and the key actions being taken by industry players to overcome the leading business threats.
- The report examines current practices and provides future expectations over the next 1224 months.
- The report provides qualitative analysis of the key industry threats and opportunities and contains full survey results.
Global Airports Survey 20122013: Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Airports Industry is a new report by ICD Research that analyzes how airports industry companies procurement expenditure, business strategies and practices are set to change in 20122013. This report gives you access to the category-level spending outlooks, budgets, supplier selection criteria, business challenges and investment opportunities of leading purchase decision makers. The report also identifies future growth of buyers and suppliers, M&A and e-procurement. This report not only grants access to the opinions and strategies of business decision makers and competitors, but also examines their actions surrounding business priorities. The report also provides access to information categorized by region, company type and sizes.
- The report features the opinions of global airports industry respondents related to the following:
- Revenue growth and future developments in business structure.
- Merger and acquisition activity.
- Capital expenditure and change in staff recruitment activity.
- Key regions of growth.
- Key industry threats and opportunities.
- Key supplier actions and e-procurement.
- Annual procurement budgets and change in procurement expenditure.
- Change in supplier selection and procurement objectives.
- Drive revenues by understanding future product investment areas and growth regions.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by identifying how buyer budgets are changing and direction of spend in the future.
- Better promote your business by aligning your capabilities and business practices with your customers changing needs.
- Secure stronger customer relationships by understanding the leading business concerns and changing strategies of airports industry buyers.
- Project how the industry will grow, consolidate and where it will stagnate.
- Uncover the business outlook, key challenges and opportunities identified by suppliers and buyers in the industry.
- China, India and the Middle East are estimated to be the fastest growing regions among developing countries for the airports industry. The increase in demand for air travel and related services in these regions, leading economic growth, expansion of business activities into emerging markets, changing consumer lifestyles and increasing disposable incomes are fueling growth.
- Overall, for 2012, the average size of the global, annual procurement budget for global airports industry buyer respondents is projected at US$126 million, a significant increase from the US$68 million recorded in 2011.
- Of all buyer respondents, 48% agree that innovate product is an effective way for suppliers to secure business from buyers.