This report is the result of an extensive survey drawn from ICD Researchs exclusive panel of leading airports industry executives. The opinions and forward looking statements of 201 industry executives have been captured in our in-depth survey, of which 37% represent Director and C-level respondents.
The research is based on primary survey research conducted by ICD Research accessing its B2B panels comprised of senior marketing decision makers and leading supplier organizations.
The geographical scope of the research is global - drawing on the activity and expectations of leading industry players across the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Africa and Middle East.
The report covers data and analysis on suppliers media budgets, marketing and sales strategies and business practices.
Key topics covered include airports industry media spend activity, marketing and sales behaviors and strategies by suppliers, as well as threats and opportunities, economic outlook and business confidence.
In the report buyers identify what suppliers need to do to maintain their business and the key actions being taken by industry players to overcome the leading business threats.
The report examines current practices and provides future expectations over the next 1224 months.
The report provides qualitative analysis of the key industry threats and opportunities and contains full survey results.
Global Airports Survey 20122013: Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Airports Industry is a new report by ICD Research that analyzes how airports industry suppliers media spend, marketing and sales strategies and business practices are set to change 20122013. This report gives you access to the media channel spending outlooks, media budgets, marketing agency selection criteria, business challenges and sales tactics of leading suppliers. The report also identifies future growth of buyers and suppliers, M&A and investment expectations. This report not only grants access to the opinions and strategies of business decision makers and competitors, but also examines their actions surrounding business priorities. The report also provides access to information categorized by region, company type and sizes.
The report features the opinions of global airports industry respondents related to the following:
- Revenue growth and future developments in business structure.
- Merger and acquisition activity.
- Capital expenditure and change in staff recruitment activity.
- Key regions of growth.
- Key industry threats and opportunities.
- Annual marketing budgets and change in marketing expenditure.
- Future spending outlook on media channels.
- Marketing agency selection criteria.
- Benchmark your sales and marketing spend with industry peers to effectively determine strategy.
- Identify the specific marketing approaches your competitors are using to win business.
- Better promote your business by aligning your capabilities and business practices with your customers changing needs.
- Secure stronger customer relationships by understanding the leading business concerns and changing strategies of airports industry buyers and suppliers.
- Project how the industry will grow, consolidate and where it will stagnate.
- Uncover the business outlook, key challenges and opportunities identified by suppliers and buyers in the industry.
China, India and the Middle East are estimated to be the fastest growing regions among developing countries for the airports industry. The increase in demand for air travel and related services in these regions, leading economic growth, expansion of business activities into emerging markets, changing consumer lifestyles and increasing disposable incomes are fueling growth.
A total of 69% of respondents expect their companies to increase their marketing expenditure over the next 12 months, with only 4% looking to decrease it.
Overall, in the process of choosing marketing agencies, the ability to target specific audience niches is considered the most important factor by 42% of global airports industry suppliers.