The New Zealand beer market on the whole registered a 1% decline in 2015, in continuance of a long-standing trend of reducing consumption. The decline in volume of the overall beer market negatively affected on-premise more than off-premise. Single serve glass bottles of around 37.5cl accounts for the majority market share at 54% in New Zealand. Recent government restrictions on limiting alcohol content particularly while driving, encouraged the markets low alcohol beers. 2016 witnessed launch of various such new product developments in low alcohol.
- Beer market contracted in line with a long-term trend of falling sales intensified by continued firm pricing.
- New Zealanders are consuming less alcohol for health reasons. When they do consume alcohol, there is an increasing preference for quality over quantity.
- New Zealand's beer market has long been controlled by two major players - Lion and DB Breweries.
- The rising prices in on-trade channels and the price difference, which is almost double that of off-trade, stimulates New Zealanders to favor off-premise consumption more.
- The import market in New Zealand is highly fragmented, possessing a strong focus on craft and niche brands.
Canadeans New Zealand Beer Market Insights 2016 Report provides a complete overview of the New Zealand beer industry structure offering a comprehensive insight into historical background trends, 2015 performance and 2016 outlook. Covering total market (on and off-premise) the report details:
- 2011-2015 actual detailed beer consumption volume data by segment, brand, brewer, packaging and distribution (on-/off-premise), with 2016 forecasts
- Top line production, import, export and consumption volume from 2005-2015 with forecasts for 2016
- Value by distribution channel 2011-2015, with 2016 forecasts
- 2014-2016 selected on- / off-premise retail prices
- Details of key beer new product launches in 2015 by company
- Overview of the competitive landscape in the beer market, with analysis of key company performance
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind both current and emerging trends in the beer market
- Data is also available in excel format
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the New Zealand beer industry, from the latest competitive intelligence of both historical and forecast trends to enhance your corporate strategic planning
- Evaluate the current emerging trends and future growth opportunities in the New Zealand beer market to support your brand development and marketing initiatives
- Understand volume vs value trends and identify the key growth opportunities across the super-premium, premium, mainstream and discount segments to best target profitability
- Analyse domestic and imported beer brand performance and determine the key trends driving consumption preference to develop a competitive advantage
- Interrogate the unique granularity of our data to analyse the market on a variety of levels to make well-informed decisions on future threats and growth prospects in the marketplace for your company
- Use our new powerpoint add-on to quickly absorb a succinct summary of the key trends in the New Zealand beer market
- View a selection of the key 2015 product launches and identify competitor activity and product innovation and differentiation prospects