Costa Rica's climate was positive for the beer industry as it was characterized by warm weather throughout the year. This lead to more beer consumption which in turn boosted volume growth over 2014. Off-premise consumption was largely driven by unfavorable environmental conditions as well as attractive offers and discounts at leading supermarkets and discount stores. Moreover, convenient single serve ready to drink packages such as cans had further fuelled off-premise consumption.
- Imperial was the most popular brand with 59% of total market share in 2015.
- Leading brewers promoted glass consumption due to low production cost associated with this pack type over others.
- Consumers mostly prefer mainstream beers.
- Consumers in Costa Rica were increasingly inclined towards at home beer consumption.
Canadeans Costa Rica Beer Market Insights 2016 Report provides a complete overview of the Costa Rica beer industry structure offering a comprehensive insight into historical background trends, 2015 performance and 2016 outlook. Covering total market (on and off-premise) the report details:
- 2011-2015 actual detailed beer consumption volume data by segment, brand, brewer, packaging and distribution (on-/off-premise), with 2016 forecasts
- Top line production, import, export and consumption volume from 2005-2015 with forecasts for 2016
- Value by distribution channel 2011-2015, with 2016 forecasts
- 2014-2016 selected on- / off-premise retail prices
- Details of key beer new product launches in 2015 by company
- Overview of the competitive landscape in the beer market, with analysis of key company performance
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind both current and emerging trends in the beer market
Data is also available in excel format
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Costa Rica beer industry, from the latest competitive intelligence of both historical and forecast trends to enhance your corporate strategic planning
- Evaluate the current emerging trends and future growth opportunities in the Costa Rica beer market to support your brand development and marketing initiatives
- Understand volume vs. value trends and identify the key growth opportunities across the super-premium, premium, mainstream and discount segments to best target profitability
- Analyse domestic and imported beer brand performance and determine the key trends driving consumption preference to develop a competitive advantage
- Interrogate the unique granularity of our data to analyse the market on a variety of levels to make well-informed decisions on future threats and growth prospects in the marketplace for your company
- Use our new PowerPoint add-on to quickly absorb a succinct summary of the key trends in the Costa Rica beer market
- View a selection of the key 2015 product launches and identify competitor activity and product innovation and differentiation prospects