The Indonesian beer market suffered heavy pressure in 2015. New government legislation stipulated that the sale of alcoholic beverages with <=5% Abv was forbidden in convenience and traditional retail outlets. From April 2015, only large modern retailers and on-premise establishments were permitted to sell alcohol with the application of certain rules. As a consequence of this, consumption of beer declined. No alcohol beer saw an increase in consumption as restrictions on the selling of regular beer led to consumers increasing their consumption of no alcohol beer for the same taste.
- Off-premise markets have been totally banned from selling alcoholic beverages other than supermarkets and hypermarkets.
- There has been a lack of new packaging trends in the market.
- The rise in the number of tourists aided in keeping the fall in beer from going any further.
- Following the new rule on beer sales, there has been sizeable shift in channels market share.
Canadeans Indonesia Beer Market Insights 2016 Report provides a complete overview of the Indonesia beer industry structure offering a comprehensive insight into historical background trends, 2015 performance and 2016 outlook. Covering total market (on and off-premise) the report details:
- 2011-2015 actual detailed beer consumption volume data by segment, brand, brewer, packaging and distribution (on-/off-premise), with 2016 forecasts
- Top line production, import, export and consumption volume from 2005-2015 with forecasts for 2016
- Value by distribution channel 2011-2015, with 2016 forecasts
- 2014-2016 selected on- / off-premise retail prices
- Details of key beer new product launches in 2015 by company
- Overview of the competitive landscape in the beer market, with analysis of key company performance
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind both current and emerging trends in the beer market
Data is also available in excel format
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Indonesia beer industry, from the latest competitive intelligence of both historical and forecast trends to enhance your corporate strategic planning
- Evaluate the current emerging trends and future growth opportunities in the Indonesia beer market to support your brand development and marketing initiatives
- Understand volume vs. value trends and identify the key growth opportunities across the super-premium, premium, mainstream and discount segments to best target profitability
- Analyse domestic and imported beer brand performance and determine the key trends driving consumption preference to develop a competitive advantage
- Interrogate the unique granularity of our data to analyse the market on a variety of levels to make well-informed decisions on future threats and growth prospects in the marketplace for your company
- Use our new PowerPoint add-on to quickly absorb a succinct summary of the key trends in the Indonesia beer market
- View a selection of the key 2015 product launches and identify competitor activity and product innovation and differentiation prospects