Beer continued to be the most consumed alcohol beverage in Nigeria. However, it continued to feel the strain from FABs products. Imports remain small and expensive. They are mainly transit brands as the importation of all beer has been prohibited since 2003. Consumers moved towards cheaper discount beer and away from expensive premium and superpremium brands due to cost cutting trends among Nigerian consumers.
- SABMiller showed volume growth due to expanded distribution of its key brands.
- Glass bottles continued to be the leading pack mix with 60 cl being the most popular size.
- Off-premise consumption is more geared towards events and parties but continued to lose share.
- Due to operational challenges and cost profiles, brewers have not been able to properly explore the export market.
Canadeans Nigeria Beer Market Insights 2016 Report provides a complete overview of the Nigeria beer industry structure offering a comprehensive insight into historical background trends, 2015 performance and 2016 outlook. Covering total market (on and off-premise) the report details:
- 2011-2015 actual detailed beer consumption volume data by segment, brand, brewer, packaging and distribution (on-/off-premise), with 2016 forecasts
- Top line production, import, export and consumption volume from 2005-2015 with forecasts for 2016
- Value by distribution channel 2011-2015, with 2016 forecasts
- 2014-2016 selected on- / off-premise retail prices
- Details of key beer new product launches in 2015 by company
- Overview of the competitive landscape in the beer market, with analysis of key company performance
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind both current and emerging trends in the beer market
Data is also available in excel format
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Nigeria beer industry, from the latest competitive intelligence of both historical and forecast trends to enhance your corporate strategic planning
- Evaluate the current emerging trends and future growth opportunities in the Nigeria beer market to support your brand development and marketing initiatives
- Understand volume vs value trends and identify the key growth opportunities across the super-premium, premium, mainstream and discount segments to best target profitability
- Analyse domestic and imported beer brand performance and determine the key trends driving consumption preference to develop a competitive advantage
- Interrogate the unique granularity of our data to analyse the market on a variety of levels to make well-informed decisions on future threats and growth prospects in the marketplace for your company
- Use our new powerpoint add-on to quickly absorb a succinct summary of the key trends in the Nigeria beer market
- View a selection of the key 2015 product launches and identify competitor activity and product innovation and differentiation prospects