Soft drinks declined in Q3-16 compared to Q3-15, when sales across all major categories benefited from record high temperatures; 2016 has therefore logically seen a downward adjustment in category volumes. Alcoholic drinks also reported decline during the quarter, principally driven by falling sales of beer, which lacked the boost to demand as a result of the exceptionally high temperatures recorded in Q3-15. Overall liquid dairy consumption declined during Q3-16 compared to Q3-15, mainly driven by decline in white milk consumption.
- Food retailers performed ahead of non-food retailers, registering a nominal increase in sales compared to last year.
- Within energy drinks and sports drinks PL brands continued to register positive growth.
- Sales of soft drinks declined during the quarter with only sports drinks able to buck the negative trend, with all remaining categories facing losses.
Canadeans Austria Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Our Q3 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks flavors and innovation
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Austria beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Austria to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation