The financial crisis and economical difficulties of producers and consumers remain the main reasons behind decreases in the consumption of all commercial beverages. Very few new products were introduced during Q3-16 in Belarus. Most operators decided to postpone any launches for 'economically better times. Imports share of the market continues to decrease due to price and official and unofficial import restrictions by the state authorities. The weather was rather warm and quite favorable for soft drinks consumption in Q3-16. It supported many categories with slightly better than expected sales.
- The packaged water category is significantly influenced by the weather, which was very favorable for the segment in Belarus in Q3-16.
- All flavors in the carbonates category managed to post an increase for the quarter.
- Leading players in energy drinks category targeted younger consumers by supporting a variety of events.
- Consumption of flavored alcoholic drinks continued to decline and many producers continued to lose interest in the category.
Canadeans Belarus Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
- Our Q3 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks flavors and innovation
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Belarus beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Belarus to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation