The soft drinks market contracted in Q3-16, driven by the poor performance of the flavored water category and its leading brand Sensation. Other categories such as squash/syrups, iced/RTD tea drinks and nectars also registered a decline in volumes. Carbonates was one of the few categories to record a significant gain in volumes, achieved thanks to aggressive price promotions by the companies. Sports drinks and energy drinks registered the highest growth rates during the quarter. Similar to soft drinks, all remaining ACB categories registered a slight decline in volumes.
- In packaged water category, PET continued to lead in terms of packaging, while the Private Label segment remains negligible.
- The good quality of tap water continues to limit higher growth for the Bulk/HOD water category.
- Off-premise sales gained share from the on-premise channels thanks to a recovery in the traditional retail subchannel.
- A double-digit increase in the price of sugar these past two quarters has negatively affected the squash/syrups category.
Canadeans Bosnia & Herzegovina Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
- Our Q3 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks flavors and innovation
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Bosnia beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Bosnia to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation