Despite the anticipation of the benefit for RTD categories in general during the Olympics Games held in Rio, few categories actually had an incremental volume due to the event. Carbonates, beers, energy drinks and sports drinks were not highly benefited. Packaged water, on the other hand, was the big hit, especially within arenas, and as a consequence of the policy implemented that prevented attendees from bringing their own drinks and foods inside these venues. The premium market for all beverages continued to grow during the quarter. There has been increased demand for powdered drinks, due to lower prices per liter, leading to consumption disqualification and cannibalization of RTD sales.
- Canadean observed growth for less significant and regional brands, due to aggressive price offers.
- RTD beverages continue to fall as a consequence of the drop in household income, high inflation, high unemployment, and the changes in the population habits.
- During Q3-16, Nectars saw decline, as a consequence of an increase in prices from major players.
- Since the rise of healthier choices in other categories, such as juice, the still drinks market is losing those health conscious consumers.
Canadeans Brazil Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Brazil beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Brazil to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation