The hot summer and recovering economy enabled growth. Companies are beginning to expand their portfolios with more profitable products
and maximized the benefits from the hot summer by investing in categories with high seasonality and expanding their portfolios with more portion sized packaging. Record number of tourists and increased tourist sector revenue in 2016, that helped soft drinks consumption and accelerated the category as a whole. Modern trade growth has remained stagnant with some retail chains growing at the expense of the demise of others.
- Illegal bottling is still widespread in bulk/HOD water and is damaging the category's image as consumers' confidence has been shaken.
- Within carbonates category mainstream international brands saw increased growth as a result of marketing investment and warmer weather.
- Distribution in flavored water is limited to large modern trade and premium 'on the go' outlets.
- Major brewers invested heavily in marketing and distribution in both beer and cider throughout the quarter.
Canadeans Bulgaria Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
- Our Q3 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks flavors and innovation
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Bulgaria beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Bulgaria to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation