All commercial beverages saw a slight recovery in Q3-16, thanks to the good performance of key categories such as soft drinks and dairy drinks. Soft drinks increased by single digit growth in Q3-16, when the traditional big categories such as carbonates and iced/RTD tea drinks registered positive growth. Hot tea grew during the quarter driven by the sales during Mid-Autumn Festival and National Day. The dairy market experienced modest growth mainly caused by the shrinkage of the lactic dairy drinks segment. Wine continued to recover thanks to its health benefit and further improved living standards. The increased popularity of internet shopping enabled more small brands and imported products to reach more potential consumers nationally.
- Packaged water and bulk/HOD water picked up growth in Q3-16 thanks to the good performance of the leading players.
- Still drinks however couldnt stop the declining trend in Q3-16.
- Unpackaged coffee is becoming popular as consumers were starting to follow the higher quality trend.
- Cultured dairy drinks is still the star of this dull season for the dairy industry.
Canadeans China Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the China beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in China to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation