Weather was no longer the growth factor as the summer was colder than expected in the Czech Republic in 2016. The overall positive development of the economy and rising incomes were the main growth factors in the actual year. Continuing branded products discounted offerings attracted consumers. Private Label products were kept under pressure from more affordable branded products. Soft drink volumes will experience annual growth in general this year compared to the previous year in both retail and Horeca sectors. Consumers are still price sensitive and their focus is on discounted branded products.
- Branded products outperformed Private Label brands in packaged water category, thanks to further price cuts and special retail offers.
- Within carbonates category, cola and lemon flavors recorded the higher annual growth rates in the period.
- The flavored milk market is relatively small, but still popular thanks to the school milk programs.
- The hot beverages market is nearly saturated but still offers some potential for new on-premise development.
Canadeans Czech Republic Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
- Our Q3 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks flavors and innovation
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Czech Republic beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Czech Republic to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation