ACB volumes were down as beer, cider and FABs suffered badly from the impact of the changeable quarterly weather. Soft drinks categories when combined also disappointed, falling by a similar percentage to ACBs. Only niche categories like iced/RTD coffee drinks and enhanced water were able to counter the down trend whilst packaged water experienced a severe volume drop following a hopeful quarter two result.
- Price deals managed to boost multi-serve demand, but single unit sales faltered within packaged water category.
- Finnish consumers retained their skepticism towards beverages that are high in sugar content.
- Within the carbonates category, cola remained as the leading flavor and slightly outperformed the market as a whole, as orange tended to pull the category down.
- Slight growth of energy drinks was mainly driven by low-cost PL offerings.
Canadeans Finland Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Our Q3 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks flavors and innovation
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Finland beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Finland to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation